Wednesday, July 30, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!


On July 29, 2008, Jake and I celebrated Jake's 31st birthday! I know what you are thinking, Jake looks wayy wayy wayy too young to be 31, I know. His baby face does a good job hiding the years, but its true. We didn't get to do very much because we both had to work, but when Jake got home from work, I had a scavenger hunt waiting for him. It started off by a trail of starburst leading into the apartment to his empty golf bag in the living room. On the bag it explained to him that he needed to find the clubs in order for him to get his present. Clue by clue it lead him around the apartment and even down to the cars. When he left the apartment for the last clue, which was down in his car, I ran into the apartment (I had been hiding in the hallway) and set up his present, a new set of golf clubs, where the old bag was sitting. When he walked in, saw the gift, and unwrapped it, he was sooo surprised! It was the gift that he was dying to get, but I had told him that it was going to be impossible to afford. Well with the help of my mom and dad, and a little cheating on the budget, he got them! He says that it was the best Birthday ever...but I don't know, the birthday i threw for him last year was pretty awesome too. :)


Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!!!

2 comments:

Dannenbergs said...

What a cute idea! I am sure he had a blast. After reading your post I am craving starburst...yummm.

Genelady said...

Nothing like the smile of a boy and his toy. Happy Birthday, Jake. We were glad to contribute.
My birthday is next.