Wednesday, August 6, 2008

We Survived The First Year of Marriage!!!










It's true, we did it and we didn't kill each other! We celebrated our first anniversary on the 4th of August. It was a great day. We decided that we didn't really want to spend that much money for it because we are going to Hawaii in 10 days, so we are trying to save a few more pennies for that. When Jake got home from work, I was waiting at the door with a long stem red rose for him. When he walked through the door, he had a dozen assorted roses for me. They are beautiful! It was funny when we were both standing there with roses for each other, but it was cute. After we traded and put them in water, we left to go out to dinner. We went to dinner at Texas Road House (one of our favorite places to eat...if you haven't been, you should definitely go!) After dinner, we came home and watched the first movie that we ever saw together...The Count of Monte Cristo. It was fun to think about where we were 2 years ago, and were we are now. It is amazing how much we know and love each other now, compared to the first date that we went on. I truly do love Jake more than words can say. He is my everything. He has completely changed my life. It is so wonderful to be able to wake up every morning to my best friend. He is such a good example for me, and always loves and supports me. There is no one else that I would be more happy to call my eternal companion than Jake. Being sealed to him for time and all eternity was the best decision that I have ever made, and I give thanks everyday that he waited for me. :)

Jake, Happy Anniversary!

I know that it will only continue to get better and better.

I LOVE YOU!!

2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

I can't believe it's already been a year. It is so great to hear you say those things about Jake. You are just as perfect for him as he is for you. B and I often discuss the road Jake traveled to get to where he is today (with you). You were so worth it and there truly is not a better match out there for him. Trust us we know. As you can already see time only makes your love stronger.
Congratulations you two we are so happy for you. :-)

Brittany Celeste said...

The Texas Roadhouse is my favorite restaurant too! I'll be sad to say goodbye to it....I don't think there are any in Helena. Congratulations on the one year mark!