Saturday, September 5, 2009

Over Due Catch Up

(ok, so I have been working on this post for months.....but I have been having a really hard time catching up in the way that i wanted....with pictures and all....so I am just going to post it as is....and then come back later and add some pictures.....Sorry!)


So I figured since I have made it Jake's Birthday on the Blog for over two months I should probably catch this puppy up with what we have been doing for the past few months or so. I know I am going to forget important things....but here goes nothing..... (I'll try to go in order..)

July 31, 2009 Jake and I had the pleasure of going to one of our good friends, Zach and Amber's, weddings. Well, actually Jake was one of the best men...so I guess we kind of had to go. :) Everything about the wedding was beautiful! The day started off with some pictures, then onto the main event, after that more pictures, then off to the Cinderella themed reception where we danced the night away. It really has been great getting to know Zach and Amber more and being able to share their special day with them. We are so happy for you guys!

August 4, 2009 marked the second anniversary of our eternal marriage! It really is unbelieveable that two years have passed already. I am so thankful each and everyday that I married my best friend and that our friendship keeps growing as we continue forward together. Even though Amber and Zach's wedding was absolutely beautiful, I would not change my eternal marriage to Jake for anything! I love knowing that we are together for all eternity and that we continue being married not just until death do us part, but F-O-R-E-V-E-R! (Well when I put it that way, it sounds a little scarry...haha jk) I LOVE YOU MY BAYBA BAYBA!!! :)


August 5, 2009 was the day that Jake finally got rid of the monster inside him that we fondly called Ernie. :) Since we have now been on insurance for over a year, Jake was able to get his hernia that he had had for over 8 years fix. Over the years it had definitly gotten more and more worse, so it has been a blessing to be on insurance and finally get it fixed. Just in the few weeks since the operation, he has already been able to see a difference in his ability to play sports and sneeze. :) haha

August 21, 2009 we traded my baby in for a new set of wheels. Jake and I took my 1998 Jeep and traded it in for a new 2010 Subaru Forester. Surprisingly it was pretty hard for me to let go of my car. That was my first car that I owned...and I had a lot of good memories in it. I even teared up when I handed over the title....I know, I'm lame. :) But I'm not going to lie, driving the subaru for a few weeks now....its hard to remember what driving Zelda was like....sorry girl. I am mostly excited to test it out in snow...since Dever doesn't know how to plow. We will see!

September 5, 2009 the Chapman's were nice enough to bring me along to the Denver Zoo with them while Jake was at work....still in busy season. The only two times that I have gone have both been with them....thats because they are awesome! It is a pretty good size zoo though....and it really is a lot of fun to watch how much their two girls enjoy all the animals. Towards the end when we were walking back towards the gate....Sophie started getting tried of walking...so I picked her up to put her on my shoulders....and she ended up falling asleep up there! I dont know how she managed to do it....but she did! I got a pretty good kick out of seeing the pictures that Jessica took with her trying to get comfortable on my head. :) But thanks again guys!

September 11, 2009 was my 24th birthday. It was a pretty good day. It started off with me waking up to say bye to Jake and going into the bathroom to take a shower....and finding a dozen roses on the bathroom counter. (They were beautiful!!) Jake and I had already decided weeks before that we werent really going to be able to do anything on my birthday because he was only 4 days away from his big deadline....so we decided to eat dinner and go shopping the following weekend.....but you know, somehow.....we still managed to go to his soccer game that night...hmmm...... :) (that just makes me the best wife ever to let him play in a soccer game instead of taking me out to dinner) But over all the day was great....thanks for everyone that called and emailed!

September 23, 2009 we finally went out to dinner for my birthday! Which you know, looking back on it now....it really wasnt all that bad because instead of just having my birthday on one day....it ended up being spread acrossed the whole month! We went to dinner with Zach and Amber to Bennihana's. I love that place!!! But it was a lot of fun...even if it was two weeks late. :)

September 25 - 27, 2009 Jake and I had the opportunity to go to Utah. Jake actually left on Thursday and went on a golf weekend with his brothers and Dad down in Mesquite. I came in on Friday to spend the weekend with my Highschool friend Linne who just had a baby in August. It was a fun relaxing weekend for both of us. Some of the courses that Jake played on were beautiful. And Linne's little girl is sooo cute. On that Sunday Jake's Family threw a birthday celebration for me.....which was awesome! I love his family so much! Thanks for the gifts guys!

October 7 - 11, 2209 Jake's siblings, Jordan, Kit, and Maggy came to Denver to visit us. Jordan just left to go into active duty for the Air Force (on October 21), so he wanted a chance to have one last little trip before he left.....and then Kit and Maggy decided that they wanted to join in on the fun...so they came too. It was great having them out....hopefully we didnt bore them to death....because the weather was crappy that weekend....but at least I had a good time! :)

No comments: